Question about new liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CharCloth

Nov 10, 2017
New Jersey
Hi am currently installing a Montpelier in my fireplace with a preinsulated 6" liner and block off plate. I had a chimney guy come out and said I was good to go. I ordered the liner and an 18" extension to get the clearance above the roof. Do I terminate the liner at the top of the cap or the top of the extension? My gut tells me the extension. The liner is from woodland direct. Thanks for your time.

Do you have a top plate like these?

TopPlateConfigPopUp.png

Will your components allow you to have the liner terminate in the top plate. Then the extension. Then he cap attached to the extension?

I did not receive it yet but I ordered the flat top plate. The extension goes over the top plate. I believe the liner would normally just be secured with the hose clamp and then cut flush with the top of the plate then rain cap. Yes the cap goes on top of the extension.

Reactions: pen