Question about winterwarm loading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2014
MO
I have a winterwarm small and would like to know of its ok to completely fill the foreboding. The reason I'm asking is because the smoke chamber is in the back of the stove about half way up and I want to make sure I'm not supposed to keep the wood lower than that bc that would mean I only have room for a couple splits. Thanks in advance.

The manual says for reloading:
Add the fuel, smaller pieces first. If it is necessary to use wood smaller than the 18” (460mm) optimum size, be sure to fill the firebox as completely as possible by loading the wood pieces alternately on the left and right. Split wood will fill the firebox more completely and reduce the frequency of reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.