Question on stainless liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokepole

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2019
Foothills N.C.
I had my chimney lined two years ago. From the start everything pretty much went wrong. It is a long story. The latest problem has been soot collecting between my chimney which is now a pipe chase and the new liner.The sweep has now agreed to replace the liner. I ask him what type of liner he will use this time. He said it will be New England Elite easy flex,it is 316ti .oo5.
My question to the pros and the diyers out there is, does any one have experience with this liner and is it a good product?
I will be cleaning it with a soot eater.
Thank you for any replies.

I had my chimney lined two years ago. From the start everything pretty much went wrong. It is a long story. The latest problem has been soot collecting between my chimney which is now a pipe chase and the new liner.The sweep has now agreed to replace the liner. I ask him what type of liner he will use this time. He said it will be New England Elite easy flex,it is 316ti .oo5.
My question to the pros and the diyers out there is, does any one have experience with this liner and is it a good product?
I will be cleaning it with a soot eater.
Thank you for any replies.
I have never used that particular liner. But it is the thinest liner available. I personally will not use that type of liner for wood useage

I have never used that particular liner. But it is the thinest liner available. I personally will not use that type of liner for wood useage
Thanks for your reply bholler I was afraid that was the case, The saga continues. I will mention that to him and see what his reply is.
I've been heating with wood for 42 years. After the last two winters, I am thinking about just giving it up.

Thanks for your reply bholler I was afraid that was the case, The saga continues. I will mention that to him and see what his reply is.
I've been heating with wood for 42 years. After the last two winters, I am thinking about just giving it up.
It will work. It is just the minimum acceptable liner.

It will work. It is just the minimum acceptable liner.
How long on the average would it last? As long as there are no chimney fires and I swept it regularly.

How long on the average would it last? As long as there are no chimney fires and I swept it regularly.
No idea. The projected lifetime of most light wall liners is about 20 years