Question on the Jotul F 3 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tcassavaugh

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Southern Maryland
Hey All, Been awhile since I've been on. I have a question for you about the Jotul that i can't find an answer to in the manual and maybe someone can help. My Jotul f 3 CB has been and continues to be a great little stove. This season we had occasion to move it while installing new flooring. The installers moved the stove and picked it up from the bottom. After the flooring was installed and it was returned into position for attaching the stove pipe i had to move it slightly. i picked up on the stove top and it was a little loose. I cant find the bolts to tighten the top down. On my old consolidated dutchwest, there were some 10 mm bolts on each corner so you could loosen the top and take it off or tighten it down. Anyone know where the bolts are and how to get to them. I felt up in the corners on the inside but i didn't feel anything.
Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

The top is held down by two small allen screws, one on each side. Be sure the top is level and fully down before tightening. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

Wow, November 2005 thread. One of the first here. I've circled the screw in red.

jotul_side.jpg
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/jotul-f3cb-doesnt-heat-check-the-top-lids-level.27/

The top is held down by two small allen screws, one on each side. Be sure the top is level and fully down before tightening. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.
Thank you sir. Appreciate the info and the pic. i just checked. yup, i see it. thanks again

Last edited: