Question - pellet "burn" smell on startup - is it normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
My XXV has a "burning pellets" smell when I start it up/wake it up. It only lasts a few minutes. I don't remember it from last year, though.

After having its fall service and cleaning the chimney, it did spill some smoke into the room from a poor flue/stove connection, but no more actual smoke since we fixed that.

Just wanting some reassurance or suggestion, please. Thanks!!!

I get it on my PDVC on every cold start, it's coming from my adapter. I can silicone it, but I'd have to redo aftyer every ton since I clean it regularly.
I honestly dont mind it, smells sweet!

Seal it up again, you have a leak. You shouldn't smell anything.

I sniff around for weeks and re-rtv a few times after taking the pipe apart for cleaning.

Not only is it for your health and safety, but the stove burns best when there are no leaks in the pipe. tighter flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.