Quick Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awoke to the sound of chainsaws two houses down this morning. Tree company was more than happy to drop off the wood. Small cherry score ... hopefully the weather holds out for some quick weekend chopping.

cherry2013_01_09.jpg

Gotta love those unexpected scores! some nice rounds there too.

Dat's sooo pretty!;lol Nice, very nice get!

From my experience, cherry splits best when fresh.

Yea, cherry is good stuff. It's good to mix in your oak or hickory. It's as good as maple or ash I figure. I checked out a couple big cherry trees at wifes aunt and uncles place today. I plan to get crackin on them next week.
\
Nice score and an easy one too. You did well!

That's the way to get wood. Looks like they were pretty consistent in cutting it to size, can't beat that. Hope you got their number for future deliveries.

The guy actually asked me if I wanted more hardwood dropped off when they have jobs in the area.
Perfect, you scored a lot more than a single load of cherry. Scrounging can become a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.