QUICK!!! Opinions on Liner Choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
I'm on line right now tring to decide between 3 different liners. Opinions please. All are 6" and 25' long, and all come with liner, cap and stove connector.

1. Metal Fab 316L kit for $380

2. M-Flex 316L for $380

3. Best Flex 316Ti for $385

Thanks for quick opinions....want to order tonight.

Must be open season on liners today. :) I've answered your other post so you have my opinion on the alloys. Looking at the Metal Fab literature, they do seem to indicate they have a thin liner made of 316L. I would still almost be tempted to call them and try to talk to someone technical and see if the actual liner is truly the L or the Ti.

That being said, IF all the liners are the same thickness and essentially same cost, I would go with the 316Ti as it would be the superior alloy in an 'apples to apples' comparison. If it comes down to a .006" 316Ti liner and a .030" 316L liner that would certainly be more of a toss-up. Would you rather have a 1" diameter bar of plain steel with 70,000 psi tensile strength or a 1/2" diameter bar of high alloy steel with a tensile strength of 280,000 pounds? (Hint - they will very nearly hold an identical load before failure)

It might be to late, but I'd also vote for the 316ti if all things are equal. Contact Magnaflex here, he'll take care of you! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.