Ramblings from late winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PapaDave said:
Dennis, looks like we're due for anywhere from 1-12" tonight-tomorrow-tomorrow night. The real bad stuff USUALLY stops at Gaylord, and we get the remnants.
We'll see.
Jake, I couldn't do what you do.
You guys remind me of da Ahhnuld and Danny DeVito in "Twins". Sort of...... If one of you had lots of muscles and the other was short and pudgy.
I can almost see the resemblance from here. Almost. :lol:

Ah, but I don't do the heroic firefighter thing in my day job . . . just work as a lowly public education officer which means a lot of school visits, assisted living homes and businesses teaching CPR, First Aid, Fire Extinguisher Use, etc. . . . the other guys do the dangerous stuff . . . about the worse I have to contend with is a kid with a snotty nose who wants a hug. ;)

For the record . . . yeah, I would be Danny Devito . . . at least I would be a lot closer to that description than Arnold S.

Backwoods Savage said:
Dave, I just looked at our forecast and it does not look too great. 4-7" of snow and maybe up to 1/2" of ice. Nasty. Maybe we can send this on to Jake so he can get in his miles.

It worked . . . I think we got 4-6 inches last night . . . thanks Dennis.

I will be taking off tomorrow for what should be my final ride. I appreciate you thinking of me.

Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:
yooperdave said:
two things man will never tire of watching...fire is one. water is the other.

You'd best add one more to that list Dave. What about the ladies?

I swear Dennis that we are long lost relatives . . . as I read YooperDave's post I was thinking . . . "Only two things . . . I don't tire of watching women myself." Honestly, other than our opinion on splitting horizontal vs. vertical we could be twins . . . albeit you would be the older but more in shape twin and I would be the younger, but fat, balding twin. ;)

:lol: Okay brother Jake. Someday you may see the light on splitting but although you may be a bit heavier (I doubt it) than I, I certainly have you on the age. Also not in too good of shape right now. Hopefully will get better though.

On your mileage on the snow machine you remind me of me keeping track of mileage when I ride the bike. Actually I was really hoping for 5,000 miles this year but now I have to doubt that as I can't even ride right now and have lost all conditioning. One thing I have learned too is that getting into better condition takes a lot longer with age...

HehHeh . . . doubt you'll sway me on the splitting deal . . . and yeah . . . I can almost guarantee you I'm a bit heftier than you . . . OK, make that fatter than you!

Status
Not open for further replies.