Ran out of wood--advice please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I bought some bio bricks fairly cheap, cut up some wood that I've had up off the ground and covered with tarp all season long (so they are a bit dryer than if they'd been exposed to all the rain and snow), and brought in all the bags of little pieces that I was going to save for shoulder season. Between all of those we had a nice warm fire going throughout the three storms over the long weekend. It's supposed to be milder next week so I can take it easy a bit.

I should also mention that I have a two year old running all over and if you've ever had one of those, plus a full-time job, you know that the hours you wish you could dedicate to any work around the house, let alone the woodpile, dwindles to just a few minutes here and there before you know it. The planets need to align just right so that I can get a solid 45 minutes to CSS.
How is it going eps? how did things work out for you?

I came to the wood shed with this very question, but it seems like bio bricks aren't for sale anywhere near western WA state
Try NEILS, northern energy Idaho logs, there made out west.

Turns out a guy I play bridge with had replaced his fireplace with a gas stove, and had a couple stacks of old wood he needed to get rid of. One of the stacks was dry, so I burned it. Had a little rot, but not too much. There was some nice madrona in the mix, too.

Then today I just happened to run into a pallet of fake logs at a local indie hardware store. The weren't branded. The checker said they were sawdust and chips run through some kind of extruder that heated and compressed them. A buck a piece seems a bit high, but I bought a few to try.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
We made it through a month on green wood a few years ago. The trick was to dry it by putting a hearth grate on top of the stove, and baking the next armload of wood before burning it.