RARE! art deco beauty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hempdiddy

Jan 27, 2014
Detroit, MI
My local online classified page has what is identified as a Knox Stove Works Model # K-816A and is asking $200 for it. I think it's beautiful, but I don't know anything about this style and I've never seen anything like it before. It would be for only occasional use in my workshop.

From what I can tell, you load logs in the top door and clean ashes from the bottom door. Air flow is controlled on the door dials. Some exterior portions are supposedly porcelain. What else can you tell me about this?

It seems like a really cool stove, but I'm not sure how much to offer the seller if you guys think it's a stove worthy of pursuit.

nRFFAGd.jpg

EoRv38J.jpg

cqefALH.jpg

It is a coal parlor stove. I have never seen that one it is very nice but i have seen many allot like them. In general they are pretty good coal stoves and pretty lousy wood stoves

It is a coal parlor stove. I have never seen that one it is very nice but i have seen many allot like them. In general they are pretty good coal stoves and pretty lousy wood stoves
Seller says he only burns wood in it. Uses it to heat his garage. You don't like wood fuel in it, why?

You don't like wood fuel in it, why?
because it is a coal stove they burn wood fast and hot. You will have trouble holding fire for very long at all and you will send most of your heat up the stack

Status
Not open for further replies.