Ravelli Francesca-cleaning ash drawer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

raz

Dec 8, 2018
NE
Hi All,
New to the forum. Just started up a new Ravelli Francesca pellet stove. It says clean ash drawer every 2 days. Do I have to shut the stove off and allow it to cool to do this?
Is it safe to open the front glass door while it’s running?
Thanks.

Yep gotta be off

Before carrying out any maintenance operation on the stove, please take the following precautions:
- Make sure that all the parts of the stove are cold
- Make sure that the ashes are completely extinguished
- Make sure that the general switch is in the zero position (off)
- Make sure that the plug is disconnected from the socket, thus avoiding accidental contacts.

Yep gotta be off

Before carrying out any maintenance operation on the stove, please take the following precautions:
- Make sure that all the parts of the stove are cold
- Make sure that the ashes are completely extinguished
- Make sure that the general switch is in the zero position (off)
- Make sure that the plug is disconnected from the socket, thus avoiding accidental contacts.

Thanks very much for the fast reply.
One more question?
In your opinion is it normal practice for a brand new pellet stove to be delivered with pellets about 1/3 full in the hopper? Trying to figure out if they sent me a floor model which I was adamant about not getting.

Thanks very much for the fast reply.
One more question?
In your opinion is it normal practice for a brand new pellet stove to be delivered with pellets about 1/3 full in the hopper? Trying to figure out if they sent me a floor model which I was adamant about not getting.

If new the only thing that should be in the hopper is paperwork. I’m into my third season with a Francesca. If you run it continuously you will have to shut it down after about 24 hours to clean the burn pot. If I don’t I will get an air flow alarm anytime after 24 hours of run. I clean the ash draw at that time.

Hi All,
New to the forum. Just started up a new Ravelli Francesca pellet stove. It says clean ash drawer every 2 days. Do I have to shut the stove off and allow it to cool to do this?
Is it safe to open the front glass door while it’s running?
Thanks.

That’s what I thought. I checked the Byrne ours and they were set to zero when I got it but I’m sure that could be reset by a sales tech, right? The test date on the stove is September 2017 which means it’s just over one year old. Considering that it comes from Italy I’m not sure what the leadtime is in the supply chain and just wondering if one year-old stove is old and that’s what I suspect. do you remember what your test date was when you got yours? How Long was it between the test date and when you bought it?

That’s what I thought. I checked the Byrne ours and they were set to zero when I got it but I’m sure that could be reset by a sales tech, right? The test date on the stove is September 2017 which means it’s just over one year old. Considering that it comes from Italy I’m not sure what the leadtime is in the supply chain and just wondering if one year-old stove is old and that’s what I suspect. do you remember what your test date was when you got yours? How Long was it between the test date and when you bought it?

I never really checked those details. I purchased mine about a year before I installed it. Part of home addition project I built. It was also on sale due to new models coming out. I’m sure my stove sat in the dealers warehouse for quite a long time prior to my purchase. I did my own install and subsequent repais needed in the first two seasons of burning. Into its third season and no problems yet. I wouldn’t be too concerned about pellets found in your hopper provided the interior of the stove doesn’t show extended use.

Thanks for the advice.
How did you figure out the repairs yourself, Google?

Hearth.com, this very place was most helpful. Beyond that l have been an Electrical and Mechanical Supervisor for nearly 40 years. I do tend to repair all material things myself. The dealership I purchased the stove from has a reputation for terrible and unskilled service. Aside from automobiles, if I can’t repair it, I typically replace it. Not a good policy for most folks, but it’s worked for me thus far. This forum site is the place you want to be. Ask questions and learn. I document everything l can regarding the ravelli stoves and what I learn here. That’s pretty much how I lived my career. The issues I had with my Francesca seem to have been resolved for the long term and the stove is serving us well.

This forum is unbelievable. Relevant, fast, helpful answers to everything. Thanks so much for all the help and advice. I know I am in the right place here! So far I love my Ravelli Francesca. Had a 1992 Austroflamm Integra FS that I must admit, I miss. However, after the glass cracked on one side, I thought it best not to put $ into a 27 year old stove, so I sold it. With my luck I'd replace the glass and then the convection blower motor, or motherboard would go. It seemed hard to find parts for that Austroflamm too. Someone told me they are not making them any longer, or not shipping them into the US or some such thing? Funny thing is that I think Rika who made Austroflamm is somehow involved with the Ravelli brand? So maybe I do have an Austroflamm after all? Lol.