planeman125 Posted By planeman125, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:07 AM

1. planeman125

planeman125
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2019
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    I have an RV100 which seems to be shutting off every 3 days like clockwork. It's just over 1 month old. It shows a 08 Depressurization code each time this happens. I have checked the door and hopper lid switches and checked the hose to the vacuum switch as well. Venting is cleaned. Using Energex softwood pellets.

Any one know anything Ravelli and I don't?

Thanks

2. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    At 1 month old I would be talking to your
    dealer . Sounds like this is a Warranty
    situation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. planeman125

planeman125
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2019
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Dealer has been in touch with Ravelli. They are going to come out and make sure I checked the switches correctly and do a cleaning. However, I am trying to see if anyone knows of something they may be overlooking

Thanks!

4. Monica in France

Monica in France
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 22, 2014
    Loc:
    France
    From my reading of the manual "Error 08" is the vacuum switch not having enough vacuum.
    You can easily verify this by shorting it out when it occurs.
    However if comes on after 3 days of working correctly , then it is probably justified : not an problem to ignore.
    If after cleaning it , the stove will function for another 3 days , then the obvious conclusion is that it ( or the flue or ...) needs a better cleaning. However , it would be interesting to check the speed of the exhaust fan when this fault is signaled : in theory the speed will increase as the stove gets dirtier - this is what RDS is all about. But imagine an overheating exhaust motor or its triac !
    Please keep the forum posted.

planeman125 and Ssyko like this.
  5. planeman125

planeman125
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2019
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Replaced the air flow sensor and no more problems. Warranty resolved. No issues

6. planeman125

planeman125
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2019
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Sorry for the late response. I updated below. Let me know if you have questions

7. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I don't know why it would be the air flow sensor. I was getting an 09 air flow sensor error on my rv100c 09 not 08, Ravalli knows this is a problem but they haven't come up with a solution and it's been since October when it happened to me. I got the codes to turn off the air flow sensor in November and everything has been working perfectly ever since. I also replace the air flow sensor myself because my dealer was not available at the time. It worked for a few days and then I got my 09 air flow sensor issue again. That's when I got the shut off codes for the air flow sensor.

planeman125 likes this.