Ravelli rv80 not going well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TLO03

Mar 3, 2019
CT
Hello All, Early Feb I had a RV 80 installed this is my experience. Bear with me it might get long but I’m trying to give all the important details..

This unit is in my finished 600sqft. Sits in the corner on a slate and brick hearth that can with the house. Install went well until it was time to start. Took about 4 hrs to get running . I was told auger motor grease is cold ( as they keep them in a cold warehouse) causing feed rate problems. Once running it was good , but I wasn't happy with it modulating . I preferred a cycling operation. But the temp mode wasn't good b/c location was sensing a way lower temp then the room probably cuz its next to the cold brick..

Anyway I installed a digital stat on day 2. Worked good but I now have ignition problems 05-no ignition constantly sometimes it takes 3-5 times to light . pellets gather in the front of pot and never light. Sometimes I push pellets to the back to get it to light when I'm in a hurry. Tech has been out 2 times and a 3rd soon to adjust feed rate but still a problem.

I bought this unit to take the chill off the space and assist the insert upstairs as the propane unit did that it replaced.
I run it at about 65-72 degrees power level 2-3 but I've run them all . It seems to stop less when I keep it hotter but nothing is guaranteed.

any input would be appreciated

Attachments

• 8F7528E6-7955-42BB-8A7F-EA559BEE9F1B.jpeg
    8F7528E6-7955-42BB-8A7F-EA559BEE9F1B.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 114
After a couple more tech visits and long discussions with management , they replaced the feed motor definitely sounds better and no more ignition codes so far..