Ravelli RV80 room temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ThePoncho

Mar 2, 2022
NY/Canada border
I've had a new Ravelli RV80 for about a month. It replaced an Avalon Newport that I bought new and used for nearly 14 years, so I'm not new to the pellet stove world.
The Ravelli works fantastic for the most part and I'm happy with it except for one aspect. I'm thinking that maybe I'm overlooking something and thought I'd search out some advice before I call the installing dealer.
I'm pretty sure that it's using the wire sensor at the rear of the stove to determine room temp and raise/lower flame and fan. I have pulled that wire out and raised it so that it's not sensing the temperature 6 inches from the floor, as I'd read elsewhere on the forum.
I have the box unchecked at the stovetop console so it's not using that to sense temperature. The problem is that the actual room temperature is 18-20 degrees warmer than what the stove is set for. Right now I have the thing set for 55 degrees and the room is 73, with convection fan/pellet feed on the lowest setting of 1.
Am I overlooking something obvious or should I have the installers check it out while under warranty? Thanks! IMG_2034.JPGIMG_2033.JPGIMG_2035.JPG

Last edited:
If it is somewhat warm outside (meaning you need less heat BTUs (at Level 1) to keep your house at the desired temperature), then you should operate the stove in the "Eco Stop" mode, which will shutdown the stove when the room termperature exceeds the setpoint. When the room temperature falls below the setpoint, by X degrees, the stove will automatically restart. The number of X degrees is selectable in the Eco Stop setting screen.

Reactions: ThePoncho
If it is somewhat warm outside (meaning you need less heat BTUs (at Level 1) to keep your house at the desired temperature), then you should operate the stove in the "Eco Stop" mode, which will shutdown the stove when the room termperature exceeds the setpoint. When the room temperature falls below the setpoint, by X degrees, the stove will automatically restart. The number of X degrees is selectable in the Eco Stop setting screen.

Good observation. It's been in the mid 30's today so yes, relatively warm. Room temperature actually went to 77 at one point while stove was set for 55. I did actually go back to Eco Stop a short time before I saw your post. I've been experimenting with both Eco Stop and the steady mode while I learn this stove.
I had stopped using Eco Stop because it seemed to cause chunks of black, unburned debris that does not burn when the stove relights, to accumulate in the burn pot every 2 1/2 to 3 days. It's almost like a small lump of charcoal. Probably due to incomplete combustion of some remaining pellets when the stove shuts itself down.It probably isn't a huge deal because I clean the stove every 3 days anyway. I did let it go an extra day or two one time and the unburned chuck actually blocked the igniter. In the non Eco Stop mode the unburned chunk of stuff does not seem to happen.
Setting the temperature swing and delay both to 1 seems to work best for me in Eco Stop.

Last edited: