Ravelli stoves and Somerset pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wire12xu

Dec 26, 2014
Cincinnatus, NY 13040
Hi there..

Does anyone have experience of using Ravelli stoves and Somerset pellets?
Last season we were burning Platinum pellets - these were excellent, no clinkers, low ash and very stable.
We experienced too many clinkers burning hard wood pellets... we tried various settings on the stoves and no luck.
Unfortunately our local dealer isn't offering soft wood pellets this season, apparently Platinum don't allow him to return defective bags.

Thanks..
Mark

Somerset's are one of the better hardwoods, I have not burned any in my Ravelli yet because they are almost impossible to get in my area but I have burned them before in other stoves and they are definitely better than most hardwoods as far as clinkers.

...We experienced too many clinkers burning hard wood pellets... we tried various settings on the stoves and no luck....
By settings, do you mean power settings or did you also adjust feed rate and air? You can adjust both those values slightly between power levels. Can't remember what settings I used to use for the Trebios that were hardwoods. Will try to check my binder to see if I recorded that...

you can make adjustments for each different pellet you burn to help with clinkers but some pellets your just not gonna eliminate the clinker totally, anyone claiming they can burn ANY pellet without a clinker I'd love to see it.

depends on the model but from anywhere between 2300.00 up too about 4700.00, paid 1700.00 for mine end of year clearance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.