RE: And from the "Only in Maine" file . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
This gave me a good laugh . . . so much for the injured "cat."

From our Police Department's Facebook page . . .

AN ACTUAL POLICE REPORT

December 12, 2012

This is an actual police report submitted by Officer John Robinson just after midnight this morning, December 12, 2012. The name of the complainant has been redacted. Although this seems amusing, one should always be careful handling injured animals and call local animal control officer or Game Wardens when in doubt.

While on routine patrol I observed ...
a vehicle stopped on Harlow Street by city

hall with the hazard lights activated. I observed 3 people standing next to the
vehicle and spoke with the female driver and only occupant, -----------------------.
------------------ told me that was driving from Veazie towards Bangor and struck a cat
with her vehicle. She said that the cat was seriously injured or deceased and
she put the cat inside of her van. --------------------- told me that while driving the cat
became alert and she realized that the cat was actually a bobcat. ------------------ told
me that she got out of her vehicle, followed by the bobcat which is now under
her vehicle.
Sgts Robert Bishop, Larry Weber and Officer Gary Decker arrived. Sgt Bishop
used a catch pole to secure the bobcat until Maine Game Warden Fahey arrived and
took control of the animal.

I had a buddy who hit a buck one night driving home (might have had 6 or 70 beers) & he thought he'd killed it. So being the "woodchuck" that he was, he figgered, "there's a coupla months of dinner right there!" So he grabbed it by the rack & began to drag it to his trunk. Well, the damn thing came to & stood up with my buddy's chest now at the buck's head level. He said it twisted & turned & kicked, eventually throwing him off & raced off into the night. He came to work the next day lookin like he'd been mugged...:eek:

Great stories! You don't want to hear about the skunk. ;sick

Status
Not open for further replies.