Ready for winter now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Well now im all ready for winter.. Scored a good deal on a Mitsubishi 4800w generator yesterday.. The owner broke the pull rope on it so i took a spare battery out.. Gould not get it to start except a few puffs as he ran it out of gas the day before.. I knew what was wrong with it so i tossed him $150 and took it home.. Pulled the fuel bowl off and it was full of jello and fuel tank had next to no fuel in it and what was in their was mixed.. When and fueled it up with high test by accident and it fired right up. Dropped in a oz of sea foam and ill continue to fire and run it for the next few days.. Not bad since everything in my area is selling for 400 and more for used no name the same price you can get it on sale for

Put the snow tires on the wife's car this morning. We won't get snow for a bit, but the first storm always comes out of nowhere and her "all season" tires had the last summer squeezed out of them. They were worn almost to the, "Hey, change your tire!" Indicators.

Sounds like a great deal on the generator! I let sea foam sit overnight to break up the gel, start it to clean the bowl, then let it do it's job again.

I was able to get a pressure washer going that was stored with fuel in it for 9 years about a month ago. Oops, my bad, lol.

lol almost sounds like my pressure washer.. speaking of that i should drain the hose and put it away...