Real wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
Saw it in a book today....
e7f60f51753a380a9e1ef786994bce97.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hickoryhoarder
Impressive stack. ( the little voice in my head just rolled it's eyes and called me a nerd )

What is the clever bit mentioned in the text. Don't leave a brother hangin....

Last edited:
Impressive stack. ( the little voice in my head just rolled its eyes and called me a nerd )

What is the clever bit mentioned in the text. Don't leave a brother hangin....
I didn't buy the book but need to head back to return something, will try to read rest of the page and relay...
e5123be268ae3dd4f4eff9386aade057.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody5506
This a good book, the perfect woodburners coffee table book.

Thanks, Excessads. Bated breath. That book cover looks like a set-up for a monty python sketch, e.g. "How to recognize trees from quite a long way away," or, "How not to be seen." Love It.

Reactions: excessads
Looks cool but how does one actually pull the wood from a "Norwegian Master class full height stack sun wall" to burn it?

Ladder on a slope in the snow?

Or is the book satire? Looks like an interesting read either way.

Looks cool but how does one actually pull the wood from a "Norwegian Master class full height stack sun wall" to burn it?

Ladder on a slope in the snow?

Or is the book satire? Looks like an interesting read either way.
This is a real book, not satirical. The Nordic folks take this stuff real serious. I guess I would too, if I lived close to the Arctic circle.

There's clearly been some natural selection up there, where the man with the biggest, fanciest wood stack gets to mate.

Makes sense. Who wants to freeze to death?