Rear flue cooking stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ekaric15

Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I just joined this site hoping for some direction after doing research. We had a chimney fire about a month ago and everything turned out fine luckily. It was out before the fire fighters even arrived. We just had our chimney replaced yesterday. Then it turns out that our old wood stove has a warped damper. We got it for free anyways, but we want to replace it.

So, the issue is that our rear pipe exit on the wall is only about 21 inches from floor to the center of the flue. The chimney is 6 inch Selkirk Ultra-Temp HT. Our contractor/inspector is pretty good and has experience. Trying to make the chimney fit, we can get up to about 27 inches from floor to the center of the flue.

We really like the Magnum Soapstone Wood Cookstove: https://www.lehmans.com/product/mag...MI4ZGxnvP99QIVyPbICh1nMApeEAQYAiABEgKQAvD_BwE .but it’s a top right/left flue and it probably won’t fit. It seems to be hard to find regular wood stoves that are rear flue and so low anyways. Does anyone have recommendations for cooking wood stoves that are rear/center flue, if they even exist? If not what about just a normal wood stove that could fit this criteria?

I’ll attach a current picture, thanks in advance!

13E3BCD8-2ED9-4A42-8421-4E4D1608244C.jpeg

Take a look at Woodstock stoves. They have several rear exit options. The Progress Hybrid is available with short legs. The Ideal Steel has adjustable leg height.

Take a look at Woodstock stoves. They have several rear exit options. The Progress Hybrid is available with short legs. The Ideal Steel has adjustable leg height.
The hybrid is soo nice. Thank you! I actually live in New Hampshire and about an hour from where they are made. Something like that is exactly what we want.

The hybrid is soo nice. Thank you! I actually live in New Hampshire and about an hour from where they are made. Something like that is exactly what we want.
Visit the factory and get a tour. They are good folk.