recommendations for AAA rechargeable batteries please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 23, 2008
ky
I haven't bought any in years/ not long ago gave the oldest ones "black and white GE" rechargeable to the recycle box at Lower along with some drill batteries that wouldnt recharge anymore...
heck even had a 6 volt lantern battery from good old Sears even some small. 9 volts....
.....It be nice to find some(AAAs) for my several headlights that really worked good...
Have quite a few still in a plastic box. but not enough to try to operate two small,,walkie talkies.
any luck with any of them y'all lately? have they improved them? brands please

Rechargeable: Eneloops

Regular alkaline: Energizer or Duracell

Agree with the above iv had sanyo Eneloops for years and still going strong and last forever. If you look around the Duracell rechargeable with the white ends are the same battery just re-branded. U can find a good kit online for a good price you will probably have to buy a few packs of the AAA for your needs. Mine are going on 10 years now

yeah read the comments on Youtube with some rechargeable batteries review. esp tech reviews. well anyway comment sections or reply sections. mentioned since now made in China the stuff is junk. As USUALLY usual...anyway.you know the package etc engineers designed. We sure wouldn't want to buy anything ANYMORE. that really last? Correct y'all

can someone post a link to these Eneloops
i never had problems with aaa rechargeables but that was many years ago when they were nicads. run them down to nothing then charge got 8 to 10 years out of them

Costco has good pricing on Eneloops, often with a charger and C/D adapaters for use with AA's. Have used Eneloop for many years, never yet had to replace one.

just looked up the Eneloop battery. real surprised everyone is saying that they are good. i have never been a panasonic fan. never seen anything they made to be better than slightly below average. don't usually last or work for long regardless of the product

let me take that back their bathroom exhaust fans are very nice.

I have a good supply of Sanyo Eneloops and the amazon rebranded Eneloops but I thought a few years ago they sold the company to a Chinese manufacturer and the quality went downhill? I'm not sure, haven't bought any since, I have several dozen Japanese ones and that has been enough.