Recommendations for moisture meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpson

Feb 20, 2016
Georgetown, MA
Couldn't seem to find any good posts focused on moisture meter reviews. I'm new to burning and just bought my first cord, but i'm worried about it being wet after everything i've read. On Amazon there is some popular ones but i'm looking for any first hand recommendations! Thanks!

There are threads here in the Gear forum.

25 dollars is fine, no need to spend more than 50 bucks for cordwood.

If you got some 8/4 mahogany seasoning in the garage for furniture or similar, start shopping at $400 and up.

Reactions: Simpson
Reactions: Simpson
I personally like my newer one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KY2QQ6G/?tag=hearthamazon-20
They all work on the same principle. Accuracy is not an issue. Just get a 2-pin model. The biggest difference will be mechanical robustness. I broke my first one because I pushed too hard. General Tool seems to have a good rep overall for a bit more money than the cheapest ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.