Recycle bags?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use them around the house. Been doing a lot of remodeling this winter. They've been great for catching construction garbage.

I just set them out and the trash man takes them every Tuesday. He hasn't said anything yet so I will keep doing it!

Out town recycles. I put out out a blue container alongside my regular trash for recyclables. I've been stuffing my pellet bags in the recycle container for years and they happily take them.

We use them for trash bags. Also use them around the house where heavy plastic is needed. A small bag of cement mix fits inside perfectly which is nice to keep the rain off. I use them to hold chicken-doo that I give to my gardening friends. If you can't find a use, I bet someone nearby could: offer them on craigslist, freecycle or facebook.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
my carting company (County Waste) states they will take any items with the triangle on it for their single stream recycling.. so far they have not complained about the bags to me.. they do prohibit styrofoam but other than that no restrictions that I am aware of

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.