Recycling pellet bags...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambruins

Jun 26, 2008
Chazy, NY
If you local garbage/recycling operations don't allow you to recycle your pellet bags you can recycle themat places that recycle plastic shopping bags. I know Lowes and Walmart near me have a box you can recycle the plastic shopping bags. I emailed the DEC and they said I can put my pellet bags in there.

Jambruins said:
If you local garbage/recycling operations don't allow you to recycle your pellet bags you can recycle themat places that recycle plastic shopping bags. I know Lowes and Walmart near me have a box you can recycle the plastic shopping bags. I emailed the DEC and they said I can put my pellet bags in there.

Thanks for that info Jam.....I've been feeling bad about putting my bags into the regular garbage (my garbage co. doesn't take the pellet bags). I'll have to drive over to Wally World and see where they have the recycle bin.....luckily only about 1 mile from my house.

I've been saving most of my bags from this season and plan on using them for dirty diapers this summer (wife is expecting in May... our first).

I think someone had posted on here that they're great for diaper collection... let's hope they weren't being sarcastic.

abrucerd said:
I've been saving most of my bags from this season and plan on using them for dirty diapers this summer (wife is expecting in May... our first).

I think someone had posted on here that they're great for diaper collection... let's hope they weren't being sarcastic.
Dude, you got to get a "diaper genie"!!!

THE ROOSTER said:
Dude, you got to get a "diaper genie"!!!

We are, but not that exact brand. I think the diaper genie requires that you buy THEIR bags... but the one we're getting allows you to put any kind of bag in... so I'm *hoping* my pellet bags work.

Status
Not open for further replies.