Reducing Install costs - stove relocation (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleTea

Dec 14, 2016
North Carolina
So after the number I got we're rethinking the location of the stove. By moving it I think we can reduce the material cost and have my general contractor husband do the install. The original location puts us near the roof apex translating to a more difficult install + more material. I'm thinking a corner stove with the flue going where the useless dish is now. Seems like it could work. Will require I move around furniture, what stoves would have less clearance requirements? I read on here some brands...BZ was one.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 94
Hi LTea.
I installed my own chimney.
I did a duravent thru wall and up around 27 feet 4 yrs ago.
Materials where around 1200 and i just added a cheap 350 dollar stove and ran that till just recently.
I did have to rent scaffolding to do it but its doable especially if you have a GC in the family.
As far as clearances look at Pacific energy, one of the reasons i bought one.

BeGreen is spot on. Consider the extra length of chimney and black pipe a great investment. Keeping the chimney within the envelope of the home will keep it warmer and help considerably with draft. If you purchase a highly efficient appliance, you will not regret dealing with the "more difficult and material install".

Status
Not open for further replies.