refinishing a lange mo. 6302 with a porcelain enamel.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j.j.delc

Mar 11, 2016
NJ
I'll start by saying I'm new to this site, and to posting on any forum altogether for that matter so bear with me.
It might be a little silly But this stove has a lot of sentimental value to me and didn't get messed up until it was in my possession and I would like to bring it back to its former glory. The stove is a lange 6302, I've done some research on it and have been reading a lot of forums, it seems like it is a good stove and I have found most of the replacement parts I need, but one thing I haven't really seen much on is repairing or refinishing the enamel completely. Would it be the same process to do a cast iron bathtub? Due to the high temperature I figure it's a different process but I honestly don't know. I've been told to have it sandblasted and painted but I would really love to have the porcelain redone, I'm pretty sure it's bad enough that touching it up isn't worth it.

Sand blasting and re-enameling the stove can be done, but it will be expensive. I believe @Parallax had his stove enameled and may be able to provide a link to the company that did it along with some pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.