Regency 1100 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sr73087

Dec 20, 2016
SW CT
I am looking at purchasing a used Regency 1100 Insert. The unit needs to be refinished and new glass. I was quoted around $100 for the glass and they want $150 for the insert "as is". What is this insert really worth? Not sure after $150, plus the glass and then the time to refinish it if its worth it or not.

What exactly do you mean by "Refinished?"
If the outside is a little rusty, that's one thing...
Wire brushing & a couple of cans of Stove Bright Metallic Black - $20...
Do the baffles need replacement? Nother hundred...
How are the secondary tubes? Warped? Nother couple hundred.
Firebricks inside in good shape? Maybe $2 each...
How is the face at the corners of the opening behind the door?
Cracks? If so, I wouldn't bother...

They said its in good shape. They replaced all the fire brick, along with 2 air pipes and brick baffles. Attached are the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.JPG
    IMG_5448.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_5449.JPG
    IMG_5449.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5450.JPG
    IMG_5450.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 158
I purchased a used 2400i. Love the thing. Was told by the seller that when they pulled it out found it to be installed incorrectly. Had some rust but not much and a broken baffle. With that, there was no visible metal fatigue/color change.

Make sure the metal is good. If it is I say go for it. Sand it a bit, paint it with proper paint, replace broken crap, then install and watch like a hawk to ensure it is safe.

Reactions: begreen