Regency airmate and blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

farmwithjunk

Sep 19, 2022
PA
I purchased an F5200 but did not get a blower with it as they wanted $519 but aftermarket are only a fraction of that. They didn't even offer the airmate as an option, maybe its not available for the 5200 anymore?

It seems the general consensus that adding a blower doesn't add much to heat output but not much talk about airmate or equivalent from other brands.

This will be a basement install and I plan to fully insulate the block walls in the next month or two.

I purchased an F5200 but did not get a blower with it as they wanted $519 but aftermarket are only a fraction of that. They didn't even offer the airmate as an option, maybe its not available for the 5200 anymore?

It seems the general consensus that adding a blower doesn't add much to heat output but not much talk about airmate or equivalent from other brands.

This will be a basement install and I plan to fully insulate the block walls in the next month or two.
A blower absolutely does add to heat output by quite a bit as does the air mate. I will have to check to see if one is available for the 5200 later

I will check availability and pricing tonight.