Regency F2400 door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChadMc

Burning Hunk
Dec 12, 2019
Bucks County PA
Just replaced the door gasket in our Regency F2400 stove. The original was pretty flat and not getting a great seal towards the end of last winter. Installation went great and when I put the door back on. I have the lever adjusted to the furthest position and it just barely closes and latches. I would imagine since it’s new it was compress and set in soon. Anyone else experience this??

My new BK is difficult to close. Dealer said that the door gasket will compress after a few fires and become easier to close.

My new BK is difficult to close. Dealer said that the door gasket will compress after a few fires and become easier to close.
I figured that. The new one is so puffed up compared to the old one where the lever almost did a 180. Patiently waiting for that first fire!!