Regency gf55 feed rate questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mregency

Feb 21, 2021
Tolland CT
I have a few questions about the stove that isn’t in the manual so figured I’d try here. Running the regency stove on a thermostat, does the feed rate matter? I’m just trying to run the stove on the lowest possible seating to heat my basement instead of using the electrical heat while using the least amount of pellets. The default setting for feed rate is setting 4 out of 5. I know that every rate is a 1/4 second difference so I’m assuming it doesn’t really save much by changing it. I’m just unsure if it’s better to run the stove on heat 1 and feed 1 without the thermostat or use the thermostat and try and figure out if the feed rate and heat settings even matter on that mode. Any help would be appreciated. I know it might sound a little confusing but maybe someone on here has that stove as well. Thanks