Regency i1150- loud blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

doug260

Dec 17, 2022
Alexandria, VA
I recently had a small Regency i1150 wood insert installed. When the blower comes on, it's pretty loud for such a small unit. Are there any aftermarket blowers that might be quieter or does anyone have any tips to make it quieter (besides leaving it off)?
Thanks

Is it rattling or vibrating against the mounting bracket, or is it the motor itself?
Try pushing on the base of the blower while it's running and see if it changes or stops. I have a PE Super Insert LE and I've had to bend the bracket a little bit (by pushing on the blower assy).

If that's not it, remove the blower from the stove but plug it back into the power cable... See if it still happens. If so, you should try a warranty claim on the blower.

Nick