Regency I2500 thermostat probe location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NateW

Oct 11, 2020
Estes Park, CO
All

Just got a Regency Cascades I2500 insert for my cavernous fireplace. I have a question about the thermostat probe, which I will also ask Regency and my dealer tomorrow. Right now the probe dead ends into the SS flue liner. I am thinking I need to drill a hole through the liner to get the probe fully into the flue. Instructions are vague as to this, but when I read the probe cleaning instructions, there is no way I could access the probe via a catalyst removal unless the probe was in the flue...

So is the probe supposed to read the external temperature of the flue liner, or the gases coming up the flue?

thanks so much

nate

Attachments

• instructions2.jpg
    instructions2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 158
  • instructions1.jpg
    instructions1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 178
  • flue2.jpg
    flue2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 162
  • flue1.jpg
    flue1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 155
All

Just got a Regency Cascades I2500 insert for my cavernous fireplace. I have a question about the thermostat probe, which I will also ask Regency and my dealer tomorrow. Right now the probe dead ends into the SS flue liner. I am thinking I need to drill a hole through the liner to get the probe fully into the flue. Instructions are vague as to this, but when I read the probe cleaning instructions, there is no way I could access the probe via a catalyst removal unless the probe was in the flue...

So is the probe supposed to read the external temperature of the flue liner, or the gases coming up the flue?

thanks so much

nate
My new Regency Cascades I2500 is installed and I had the same question. I ended up just seating the probe up against the exterior of the pipe. Nate, did you get to burn last winter and did you end up installing the probe into the flue?

You need to drill a hole

Reactions: xberto