Regency i2500 vs Vermont Castings Montpelier II Quotes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BurgerBoy

Jul 12, 2022
New Jersey
Hello! Looking to get some feedback on 2 quotes I got for Wood Stove Inserts in NJ. I am looking to use this as supplemental heat and reduce my heating oil usage in the future. I have plenty of firewood on my property so it makes sense.
Wood Stove Quotes.png

Regency i2500

• $7,180 for the stove and parts seems high from my research. Am I missing something here?
  • I asked for an itemized bill for everything but the seller did not provide me with that
  • Labor does seem a little high but muhhh inflation
Montpelier II
  • This quote seems fair to me from everything I have researched.
Overall: Is the Regency i2500 worth $2000 more than the Montpelier II? I do value quality and want to make the right decision here.

Any feedback / Knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! Looking to get some feedback on 2 quotes I got for Wood Stove Inserts in NJ. I am looking to use this as supplemental heat and reduce my heating oil usage in the future. I have plenty of firewood on my property so it makes sense.
View attachment 296973

Regency i2500

• $7,180 for the stove and parts seems high from my research. Am I missing something here?
  • I asked for an itemized bill for everything but the seller did not provide me with that
  • Labor does seem a little high but muhhh inflation
Montpelier II
  • This quote seems fair to me from everything I have researched.
Overall: Is the Regency i2500 worth $2000 more than the Montpelier II? I do value quality and want to make the right decision here.

Any feedback / Knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
The regency price seems high and the vc price seems low

I also live in NJ and received a quote for the VC Montpelier and it was a good bit higher than your quote - would you mind sharing details of the company you got the quotes from? Thanks

Note that the Montpelier II is the same as the Quadrafire Expedition II except for the trim. Both are HHT inserts. Both are single-burn rate stoves.
What are the fireplace dimensions? Are there other inserts that will fit besides these two?