Remote control for Jotul 3DVII

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cwshop

Dec 9, 2021
Maine
We have an older Jotul 3DVII and I'd like to get a simple remote for it. Basically I just want to be able to turn it on and off from the couch and not have to get up and go over to the stove itself. I don't want to spend much on it; it seems like it should be a simple setup. Doing some google searches I haven't found many simple options that don't have a wall switch or thermostat or smart wifi functions, all of which complicate things and I don't think I'll use. Anyone have a suggestion for a simple, inexpensive remote?

Simple and inexpensive usually do not go together.
If you want simple-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154827165451?hash=item240c6b0f0b:g:tb4AAOSwvCpg-eJ8
They make other versions,also.
If you can tinker, you can get any wireless lamp setup, but you have to wire in a relay for separate contacts, for the millivolt of the heater.
Or, as most car stuff already has separate wiring for the controller contacts, but you would have to add in a 12v wall wart.