remove fire place insert and put in wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdp1

Hearth Supporter
Feb 11, 2008
northeast ohio
I have a modular home with a fire place insert. i want to remove it and put in a wood burner stove. has anyone in this forum done this? how much of a project would it be? our home is 1500sq ft. i want a wood stove with a blower so does any one have any ideas as to what size stove to get or of a good model to check into? any info would be greatly appreciated. so thanks in advance. roger

I too had a insert "Regency i1200" didn't do the job. I have 21 ft ceiling open loft, 1329 sq ft. I replace the insert with a Hearthstone Homestead....easily heats my place. very nice looking stove too. It is rated at 1800 ft. Does not have a blower, but doesn't seem to need one. How ever, being a modular home you might want a fan of sorts to move air over that distance. not necessarily the manufactures blower, non seem to blow very hard. check out some of the Hearth stoves, your'll find something...."I'm just a little parshall to my Homestead" but would recommend it !! you also have to check your clearences with a stove, you will need more clearence with a stove !

Status
Not open for further replies.