Removing side of 264 Federal Airtight (consolidated dutch west) I'm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kslindak

Oct 14, 2021
Lawrence, KS
I'm replacing the back liner of this stove. In order to remove the old one, I had to take off the right side liner (left side is for adding wood). Anyway, both the bolt heads broke off of the bolts holding the side liner (making it easy to remove!) but of course I need to get the rest of the broken bolts out before I can replace the side liner. I believe it would be much easier to work on removing the broken bolts if I just removed the side of the stove. There only seem to be a few bolts holding it in (and of course some cement). Can I just remove the bolts holding the side to the rest of the stove or will I need to remove more?