Replace Burner and Blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ColdFeet21

Feb 22, 2022
Minnesota, United States
I am looking to a diagnostic on a Heat N Glo 36-SL. Basically I have 2 questions .

1) I'm not sure if it needs a burner replacement or not. The standing pilot ignites, lights and burns. Not all of the holes in the top of the burner have flame.
I have shop-vac'd at length to remove any potential plugged debris. Is this a safety issue or sign that I need to replace the burner?

2) Last time we did have this fireplace burning consistently it seemed like the blower wouldn't always turn off even after the fp had cooled significantly.
Is this a blower issue or more likely some kind of thermostat issue?

My kids would love it if we can feel confident safely using this FP again.

Thanks,

Eric in Minny

Try pulling the burner out and removing the burner orifice. There may be a partial blockage from a spider’s nest behind it. A Q-Tip can clear that. As far as the blower, the snap disk has probably failed. Check with your dealer. He probably has a bunch of them lying around.