Replacement Liner Bricks & Stove Seasoning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

emcee

Dec 28, 2022
washington
Howdy....couple q's hoping someone can help me with. remember there are no dumb questions! ;)

- We have a dutchwest wood stove (model 2477) with a couple liner bricks that need to be replaced. having a hard time finding exact replacement online. does replacement have to be the exact same shape? the one on the side door for loading wood broke into 4 pieces and is typically held on the door via a bolt that goes through middle of the brick. the shape of the brick is pretty specific to the door's shape. could i just use a square brick in its place and drill a hole through it? and are liner bricks something typically found in local hearth shops or hardware store?

- Does a cast iron wood stove need occasional seasoning similar to a cast iron frying pan?

thanks in advance!

cheers,
mc

Have you tried Woodmans Parts Plus?

I buy my bricks in a six pack - 9" x 4.5" x 1.25" which I believe is the standard size. They are very reasonable at our local Menards hardware store. If you have access to a tile saw or other tools like that, the bricks are quite easy to cut or drill (compared to porcelain tile). So, you can make them any shape you need to that fits.

I buy my bricks in a six pack - 9" x 4.5" x 1.25" which I believe is the standard size. They are very reasonable at our local Menards hardware store. If you have access to a tile saw or other tools like that, the bricks are quite easy to cut or drill (compared to porcelain tile). So, you can make them any shape you need to that fits.
This stove had refractory panels, not conventional firebrick in the firebox. Long ago @tradergordo had a good thread and links to his website that showed how to cast them out of refractory cement. Unfortunately, the links and that site are no longer working.

Last edited: