Replacement Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gbk9cop

Apr 19, 2022
Matt0067!
Hello,

I was looking for a little guidance. I have a "Defiance Company" wood burner that I purchased used and I am trying to locate a replacement handle to open the door. I am attaching a few pictures and would be VERY grateful if anyone can direct me!

20220416_173229.jpg 20220416_173325.jpg IMG_20220409_182419_01.jpg

Chances are you are going to need to have something made.

Maybe drill out the broken stub and retap, then sleeve a bolt with a replacement door handle for an old BK or the like?

1650403993373.png

They had a removable handle. If you use Google images you will find more shown with the open hole to insert handle.

Your pics don't show if this has the upper window. Here is a video cleaning the upper chamber;

Last edited:
Thanks Coaly, I couldn't tell if that was a hole or a stub. A drop-in handle may make it easier to come up with a substitute.

View attachment 294891
They had a removable handle. If you use Google images you will find more shown with the open hole to insert handle.

Your pics don't show if this has the upper window. Here is a video cleaning the upper chamber;

This is so helpful!
View attachment 294891

This is SOOOO helpful! I do have the upper window. If I may ask another question. The narrator said that he installed a "more modern" blowers. I am assuming that the blower I have are the original. Any suggetsions on an update? Also, I have a 10" single wall pipe (exposed) above the box. Any thoughts about installing a Magic Heat Reclaimer? Again, thank-you so much!

Magic Heat can turn the flue into a creosote factory. Not advised. Can you post a picture of the whole stove including the stove pipe above it?