Resolute Acclaim 0041 Right Core Side Part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimothyB

Apr 24, 2014
New Hampshire
First time on this forum. Thank you!

I have a Resolute Acclaim model 0041. I recently discovered a crack in my Right Core Side plate. Which, is the Cast Iron plating on the inside (right) of the stove. According to the parts manual the replacement part is Item #24 Part: 130-1849* (Rt. Core Side-Sub FB Repair Kit.). However, I have been unable to locate a parts supplier who sells this replacement part. I have tried Woodman's and a few others, but no luck. I have been told that welding may be an option. However, I'm not convinced that welding would be a good long term solution.

Q - Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase this part?

Here is a link to the assembly view. http://www.discountstove.com/0041.html

Thanks so much!

Owen. Thank you.

I just went to Mountain View's wed site. It appears that they do not sell this part. I filled out a part request form. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks again!

I don't see it listed on Woodman's site but it might be worth calling them:
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/

Also, start a conversation with Defiant . He may have a line of parts for this stove.

I just spoke directly with VC. I was told that the part is discontinued. They suggested that I contact tech support and inquire about the possibilities of the part being used in a later model and that I could possibly use that part. I emailed tech support. Waiting on a reply now. Any ideas what other model VC would be similar?

From VC Tech Support Today:

NO, one an old Resolute Acclaim 0041, if either inner core panel is compromised, the best course of action now is to replace the stove. There was a rebuild kit that would allow the stove to be rebuilt as the current 2490 version (involved replacing all interior components and the left and right end panels), but the cost of that kit, and possible unavailability of items needed for it have made this a poor choice on a stove that is now 21+ years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.