JCR-Nordland Posted By JCR-Nordland, Jul 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM

1. JCR-Nordland

JCR-Nordland
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 5, 2018
    Loc:
    Olympic Pennisula
    I want to restore a Timberline stove that we purchased new in 1984. It probably needs a new baffle board. I have already removed it and it looks quite warped. The board measures 21” x 10” x 1/4”. Where could I purchase a new baffle? Thank you for any advice.

Attached Files:

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, it's time to replace the baffle. One will have to be made. A metal fabricating shop can do this for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JCR-Nordland

JCR-Nordland
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 5, 2018
    Loc:
    Olympic Pennisula
    Update: I read in a post about having a metal fabricator make a baffle plate. So I was able to locate one nearby and should have my new baffle in a few days. Now does anyone have some advise about prepping and painting the exterior? I bought a can of Rustoleum high heat paint. Will that work?

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    It will work. Go over the stove with steel wool, vacuum all the dust, then wipe down with alcohol. Paint in a well ventilated area. It will take 2 cans at least.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JCR-Nordland

JCR-Nordland
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 5, 2018
    Loc:
    Olympic Pennisula
    Thanks for the helpful advice! Fortunately, there are only a few small spots of surface rust. I treated them with vinegar (that’s the only acid on hand) and the rust came right off. I’m looking forward to seeing my stove looking new again. I’ll post a photo when it’s done.