Returned my Harmon p61 Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarmanNY

Jul 17, 2008
Long Island NY
Unfortunately I returned my Harmon p61 today because of the lack of pellet availbilty. I bought the unit from a CT dealer siight unseen. Was due to pick it up but couldnt find anyone to sell me pellets on Long Island. In fact I was laughed at when I call all the usual places for pellets, including pellet stove dealers, agway,Sams Club, Home Depot etc. They told me that no pellets were available and that they could not guarantee when or if they will be coming in. I can't heat my home on when and if, so I am off to look at a coal stove. If any needs a Harman P61 there is one available in CT.

I think that you will regret your decision to return your stove. After all, it's only AUGUST.Pellets will be available in the fall , plenty of them

LarmanNY said:
Unfortunately I returned my Harmon p61 today because of the lack of pellet availbilty. I bought the unit from a CT dealer siight unseen. Was due to pick it up but couldnt find anyone to sell me pellets on Long Island. In fact I was laughed at when I call all the usual places for pellets, including pellet stove dealers, agway,Sams Club, Home Depot etc. They told me that no pellets were available and that they could not guarantee when or if they will be coming in. I can't heat my home on when and if, so I am off to look at a coal stove. If any needs a Harman P61 there is one available in CT.

If your looking for a supplemental heat source this season. You might want to consider gas stoves. There alot easier to operate than pellet stoves, and will continue to operate if you lose power. Alot of people are running to pellet stoves because they think they should, but they are not getting all of the facts first.

Be careful with coal as well, I'm hearing there are some supply issues with it as well this year...

I'm not sure how i would get one 2000lb bag of pellets out of the back of my truck.............

Ductape said:
I'm not sure how i would get one 2000lb bag of pellets out of the back of my truck.............

If you do, make sure it has a resealable zip-lock so they don't get freezer burn and go bad... :)

As was said, if you have natural gas available in your area I'd consider a free standing gas stove. No weekly/monthly or really even yearly maintenance required like a pellet stove and it works in a power outage.

A gas stove without a fan to circulate heat isn't going to make you happy either

At least having 2000lbs in the back of your truck would help supply some traction during the winter.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.