Right around 1995

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I was brand new to college and found I needed a blender for mixed drinks. I somehow got down to the local Meijer’s (familiar to you OH and MI guys) and bought the biggest blender I could. I remember I scraped up $40 something for it!

Today my 13 year old decided to make a smoothie and pulled it out. That blender has been beaten on for more years than I’d care to admit making drinks, baby food, pesto, smoothies and whatever else my family and friends could shove in it. The only replacement part was a gasket this year after my wife tried to wash the old one in the dishwasher. I think she got 2 for a couple dollars, lol.

Anyway, when I saw it come out I had a rush of good memories. It’s funny what triggers them.

15724891-5AB2-482F-8D19-E9EEF5F39D42.jpeg

I was brand new to college and found I needed a blender for mixed drinks. I somehow got down to the local Meijer’s (familiar to you OH and MI guys) and bought the biggest blender I could. I remember I scraped up $40 something for it!

Today my 13 year old decided to make a smoothie and pulled it out. That blender has been beaten on for more years than I’d care to admit making drinks, baby food, pesto, smoothies and whatever else my family and friends could shove in it. The only replacement part was a gasket this year after my wife tried to wash the old one in the dishwasher. I think she got 2 for a couple dollars, lol.

Anyway, when I saw it come out I had a rush of good memories. It’s funny what triggers them.

View attachment 322627
What were you mixing in it back in college? ;)

The older style blenders work forever. I have one of those as well.

My sister in law got my daughter one of those expensive Beast blenders recently. It has all sorts of dumb safety features. It only lasted 6 months before it broke. Now it won’t blend because it thinks the glass part isn’t screwed on correctly. I took it apart and there’s no easy fix.

What ever happened to just having common sense and not sticking your hand in the blender? Lol.

Gatorade packets? Lol.

Probably more accurately, whatever she wanted that I had ingredients for.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The older style blenders work forever. I have one of those as well.

My sister in law got my daughter one of those expensive Beast blenders recently. It has all sorts of dumb safety features. It only lasted 6 months before it broke. Now it won’t blend because it thinks the glass part isn’t screwed on correctly. I took it apart and there’s no easy fix.

What ever happened to just having common sense and not sticking your hand in the blender? Lol.
can the switch be bypassed or superglued down so it always thinks it’s attached properly?

I’ll take some pics of it and maybe we can troubleshoot it. Haha.

Yes my thought was to bypass the switch.

Came home and chocolate cake was being made in it. That’s a new one, lol.

Btw, it did not turn out as well as she hoped it would!

D3738E5E-0458-4F14-AC6D-6E80749CCB5D.jpeg