Ring of Fire. Anyone have one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AH OOH AHH EEE OH OH OH OH AH OOH AHH EEE OH OH OH OH

NEMO! newcomer of orange and white, you have been called forth to the summit of Mt. Wannahockaloogie to join with us in the fraternal bonds of ...TANKHOOD

THE RING OF FIRE!!!!!

Turn on the ring of fire... you said you could do it ......

Whats the ring of fire?

We will now call him Sharkbait
SHARK BAIT OOOH HA HA
Welcome Brother Sharkbait
SHARK BAIT OOOH HA HA
Enough with the sharkbait........

Ok babalu and Putnam, time to get your carbon monoxide detectors tested.

yeah, i love Johnny Cash

Shane, is this a serious post?

Shane, my wife saw that one in one of the hearth magazines and thought it was really cool. She would love if I got her something like that. Does it need a direct gas line to it or can it be hooked up to a tank?
Also, how much do these cost, roughly?

Sandor, yes this is a serious post. I just wanted to know if anyone else had one. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never seen one burning, and I never sold one. Just wondered if anyone had one and what their experience has been with it. Cost wise I think it's 4-6k retail. Problem being is that it's discontinued, due to lack of sales, so it's not like a blatant plug or anything, just an honest question. I still think it's a really neat idea and do have an opportunity to get one.
Hot Flame- It is LP convertible but I would imagine at 50k btu or something like that you'd want to hook it up to NG if possible. Also requires a power line and water line. There are lights in it as well.

I've seen it, it is cute, a novelty but i don't think very practical. For the cost, you can rig up your own & make it way more impressive and practical. Personally I like a wood fire outside tho, so I might be biased.

Oops at 4-6K that kills the deal. I thought it to be expensive, as it was displayed in a pretty fancy magazine display. But at prices like that I think we will need to settle for
a basic outside firepit.

Hmm it still works for me, here is a photo. if you want to see the write up go to www.maxblank.com and look at the niagra fireplace.

Attachments

• kaminofen-modernstyle-niagara-1914963-309-normal.jpg
    kaminofen-modernstyle-niagara-1914963-309-normal.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 577
Ring of Fire

Manufactured by Travis Industries from 2003 to 2005. There are still a few out there for sale.

I'll see if any dealers still have any in your area.

Gary

Attachments

• ringoffire_045.jpg
    ringoffire_045.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 882
Shane,

Travis Industries Distributor for CO and WY might be able to help you out.

Wester Fireplace Distributing
1 800 530-8929
Ask for Susan

Gary

Thanks Gary, I am a Travis dealer and buys me Avalons from the wonderful folks at Western. I was just wanting to get some actual owner feed back. Doesn't look like anyone has a Ring of Fire though. I didn't attend the show for a couple years and never got to see the thing lit up.

MSG that's a neat looking unit. Little too modern for my taste though and I want to install it outside on a patio.

Edit: Western has two of them. The base unit is 2299 retail. Not bad for what it is. Could get a better price on a regular ol run of the mill firepit, but I could also look at it another way. I really want a firepit and a water feature and this incorporates it all into one attractive package. So maybe I'll actually save money in the long run. But as stated earlier the boss (wife) has to approve my project for funding.

Travis caned the product last year for lack of sales.
PRICE WAS THE KILLER.

Status
Not open for further replies.