Rinnai DV wall furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PipNH

Oct 31, 2016
Campton, New Hampshire
Anyone have experience with these types of LP heaters? We're looking at getting a used Energysaver 1004f (https://rinnai.co.nz/Product/22/rinnai-energysaver-1004ftr) as a secondary heat source for our wood stove but I can't find much info on them as the unit has been discontinued. I'm wondering if they're as efficient as people say.

We spend about 7.5 cents per kWh, but with all the fees we pay (remote access charges, etc) out bill is usually around $90.

I'm hoping this unit, since we wont be using it all the time unless we're away or need a little extra heat, won't raise our bill by that much.

Any thoughts?

We have the exact direct vent rinnai but in natural gas so I can't speak for LP. However this furnace is great!! puts out and will easily heat our 1250 sq ft cabin, will actually roast us out if we let lt. No problems 4 years and running now. Maintenance is easy as cleaning the mesh filters. I wouldn't hesitate on buying another if i had to.