RIP Andy Griffith

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
A piece of my childhood is gone, but the memory remains

A piece of my childhood is gone, but the memory remains

Here,Here Dixie. not only a piece of our childhood, but also a sizeable piece of great times to live in. May of not had the advantages of alot of technology, but day to day living was a whole lot nicer.

Reactions: ScotO
When we bought our first record player in the fifties our first album was "What It Was Was Football". Listened to that thing and laughed till we probably wore the record out. That album, No Time For Sargents, Matlock, life in Mayberry and hundreds of other things.

RIP Mr. Griffith and thank you.

Reactions: ScotO
I may not have even been born during the Andy Griffith show in it's heyday, but I can tell you I spent (and still do from time to time) many an episode watching the re-runs of that show. Love it. We were just outside Andy's ranch down on Roanoke Island in the Outer Banks last week. I wanted to go and see it, but didn't get the time to do it. Wish I would have now. RIP Andy.........

My wife and I were big fans, very sad.

I was just 5 when the show went off the air but do remember seeing a few eps from the final season.And continue to watch reruns today when I get the chance.One of my all time favs.

Always great entertainment. RIP

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.