roof flashing going through metal roof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terp393

Sep 28, 2014
United States
I'm going to be going through my roof in my pole barn with double wall pipe way should I use for flashing to seal up around the pipe on the inside and out side of the barn the roof is corrugated steel any idea or suggestions would be helpfull

I'm going to be going through my roof in my pole barn with double wall pipe way should I use for flashing to seal up around the pipe on the inside and out side of the barn the roof is corrugated steel any idea or suggestions would be helpfull

I went to pipebootexpress online and ordered one of those heat resistant boots. It was 38 bucks to have it shipped to my house. We had a ton of rain yesterday and no leaks. My roof is so flat that standard roof flashing wouldnt have worked well. I felt the traditional flashing would have leaked especially with some blowing rain up under the bottom of the flashing. The pipe boot is the way to go for corrugated roofs. If ya order one make sure you under size by maybe one half in so it fits snug. I also placed the storm collar back over the chimney pipe.

Unless the roof is corrugated I think you want a metal boot. It will stand up longer. ICC makes the best metal roof flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.