Roofing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah, I've never seen anybody do it exactly like I am. Some pretty close, but not the same way. The insulation is mostly to keep heat out in the summer. I have insulation on the ceiling already to keep the heat in come winter. I was thrown a curve ball when I found out the recommend screwing it down every 2 feet. I'd planned on 4. Not a big deal though.

Look into your colors of metal roofing if you want to stop heat. Told to me by a old friend years ago red is the worst color to get to absorb heat so its also the best for reflecting heat...

Look into your colors of metal roofing if you want to stop heat. Told to me by a old friend years ago red is the worst color to get to absorb heat so its also the best for reflecting heat...
Perhaps it works kind of like a red/IR filter?

Someone up in Greenville commented once that the only slate coming out of the area was digging through the old scrap piles. It was probably 15 years ago so maybe they started mining it again

Someone up in Greenville commented once that the only slate coming out of the area was digging through the old scrap piles. It was probably 15 years ago so maybe they started mining it again
I’ll take a drive thru as a day trip to see friends in Bangor. I can spit out the window in route at the place.