Room Air Blower on Englander 25PDVC-55SHP10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmshuhart

Mar 5, 2019
Upstate NY
It's always something & I'm tool & mechanically challenged LOL

I think the Room Blower is facing some challenges. But I'm not sure if it's just dirty... or if the motor is shot. I noticed yesterday. I felt like the room should be a lot warmer than it was based on the stove setting & outside temps. The stove itself is very hot to the touch (more than normal in my opinion) & while I feel hot air coming out of it... I don't think that's enough. When I adjust the fan speed... I can hear changes between a 1 & a 9, but it's very minimal.

I do have 2 cats & a dog, I have no doubt it probably needs a good cleaning. My question is... do you think it just needs a whole new blower all together at this point? I'm not 100% certain it's ever been replaced & we're running on the 11th season. I don't think it has.

Stove itself has had NO problem starting up, the flame in the pot looks good & no error codes shutting it down.

It's shutting down right now so it can cool & I can try my hand at getting back there on my own to clean it. No idea what I'm doing, should be a fun time.

Would love to hear your opinions, thanks in advance!

Sounds like you need to clean the convection fan
got a manual ? if not from the manual
Convection Blower The Convection (room air) Blower (Part # PU-4C442) is located on the left side of the unit and can be removed by disconnecting the power leads and removing the four mounting screws. Once this is done, the blower will slide out of the stove. This procedure can be reversed to install a new blower

Sounds like you need to clean the convection fan
got a manual ? if not from the manual
Convection Blower The Convection (room air) Blower (Part # PU-4C442) is located on the left side of the unit and can be removed by disconnecting the power leads and removing the four mounting screws. Once this is done, the blower will slide out of the stove. This procedure can be reversed to install a new blower
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It's the one on the same side as the Control Board, correct?

Res same side as control board

Pulled the motor out, gave it a good cleaning. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Used a wire brush, air, vacuum, did everything I could.

Question... when I put it back on, do you think I'd be able to leave the back off until the stove starts up & would I be able to tell from the back if the motor is spinning? It's kinda on the inside wall, I don't really wanna reach my hand inside. The motor on the other side is easy to tell from the outside! Why couldn't they be the same lol

If it's not pushing out air - any thoughts? Time to replace?

Reactions: Ssyko
No problem you can run the stove with the panels off

WELL that was fun getting it back in. I took it out on my own, but needed a second set of hands to put it back on & we struggled... tight spaces. Started up - air pushed out nice & strong!!

THANK YOU!!! Love this forum, if only for my peace of mind sometimes :)

Congrats on your first pellet stove repair and a success
Now for the big one come spring a full cleaning!!:)

Reactions: Ssyko and Mt Bob
OK but you did it shows you are not afraid to try
The more you do the better you get and the stove works
as it should keeping, you and yours warm

Reactions: Ssyko and Mt Bob