rsf delta2 vs focus st vs renaissance rumford1500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamhouse

Mar 14, 2014
United States
I am new to this forum & new to this topic. We are designing & building a new house in Takoma Park, MD (DC burbs) & a priority is a nice fireplace. We have an old masonry one in our current 1940s tract house that we use almost every night in the winter. We were attracted to some of the peninsula zero clearance prefab designs (Lenox) w/ 3 sides of glass (maximizing the view). However, w/ a little bit of googling, I realized that this might not work well b/c the glass was likely to need cleaning every time we used the fireplace. I'm currently considering the RSF delta2, focus ST & a renaissance rumford1500. Questions
1. What's the experience w/ these different fireplaces w/ the glass closed & getting blackened?
2. How about w/ the glass open? Can the delta2 & focus ST be used for an extended period w/ the door open (is having the door open & sticking into the room an issue)
3. What about other zero clearance prefabs? (e.g., the Lenox we started w/)

Thanks

I can speak for the other two stoves but I have seen the Delta 2 in operation recently. The glass was quite clean and the heat radiating from the fireplace was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.