RSF Topaz owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Coalescent

Jul 13, 2015
New Hampshire
I am curious if there are any other RSF Topaz owners on the forums these days. If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on the fireplace.

I moved last October into a log home in the Lakes Region of NH (over near Sunapee and Mount Kearsarge) and it came with the Topaz. I was a bit skeptical when the previous owner claimed to heat the home exclusively with it, but I heated the entire first and second floor (about 1800sqft) with this tiny little fireplace that seems more like a wood stove. Mine has the blower kit.

It may not technically yield “overnight burns,” but they were close enough for me. On -18dF nights with even lower wind chills I never once needed to stoke it in the middle of the night. Usually enough coals the next morning to easily start the next fire.

The biggest shock to me coming off using a cat stove was how incredibly easy it was to operate and how much heat and reasonably long burn times we got from the wood even in a supposedly less efficient design (it does have a secondary burn system). Dealing with less than ideal wood was soooo much easier, and there was almost nothing to sweep at the end of the season, so it burned very cleanly.

Being able to slide the door inside and leave it wide open is a surprisingly fun option, though most of the time I left it sealed closed for efficiency.

Looking forward to firing the Topaz up again soon.

1569420553829.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful fireplace! I honestly wish we would have gone with this model instead of our onyx. Don't get me wrong the onyx is an awesome fireplace / heater, but it's just way too big for our needs lol. I would love to see more picture and even a video of it burning! i've never had the chance to see it actually burn in person.

Reactions: Coalescent
RSF makes good ZC fireplaces for folks that want heat. The RSF Delta puts out some major warmth.

Beautiful fireplace! I honestly wish we would have gone with this model instead of our onyx. Don't get me wrong the onyx is an awesome fireplace / heater, but it's just way too big for our needs lol. I would love to see more picture and even a video of it burning! i've never had the chance to see it actually burn in person.
I love our RSF Topaz. Been heating my home exclusively with it since 2018 when we bought the place.
Here is another pic and video:

0F1B6566-1C64-4D92-90FB-9B20ED4ABB15.jpeg

Last edited:
Just discovered this forum and, specifically, this thread about the Topaz. Our Topaz was installed in 2013, and we love it! We use it mostly with the screen for the ambiance of the fragrance and crackling. But we also use it for heat. Currently, it's January, -20ºC, and our 2,000 sq ft house has had a dead furnace for three days. Our Topaz, with the door closed, is keeping us comfortable at 19ºC. (I just learned that RSF no longer makes the Topaz. Disappointing.)

Last edited:
Reactions: JordanScott90
Just discovered this forum and, specifically, this thread about the Topaz. Our Topaz was installed in 2013, and we love it! We use it mostly with the screen for the ambiance of the fragrance and crackling. But we also use it for heat. Currently, it's January, -20ºC, and our 2,000 sq ft house has had a dead furnace for three days. Our Topaz, with the door closed, is keeping us comfortable at 19ºC. (I just learned that RSF no longer makes the Topaz. Disappointing.)
Hello fellow winterpegger!

They now make the pearl 3600 which essentially replaced the topaz a few years ago. RSF makes amazing fireplaces!

I have had a topaz since 2007. Great unit. I’ve noticed that the glass has a fog like spot in the middle that won’t come clean. Was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the glass and if so how difficult was. Looks like removing a few screws based on the manual. Thanks Dave